Access Request Management
Background – Global Construction and Energy client
A Global Construction and Energy client contracted Anomalix to determine how to best migrate away from two homegrown access request tools. These tools were found to be expensive to maintain and did not provide sufficient visibility into the user access request process. Our client required a single security and compliance-based access request solution and increased visibility into user access to meet operational and compliance needs.
Our client has over 30K users with up to 600 requests in a given day and many of their mission critical applications are heavily regulated with complicated request and approval workflow requirements. Additionally, Our Client had many disparate authoritative sources for identities and multiple points of entry for where an identity could be uniquely created. This created a situation where administrators lacked the ability to enforce enterprise security policies at request time.
How We helped
Anomalix worked with the client to onboard more than 350 applications to a centralized identity governance platform, create custom approval workflows, and automate Active Directory fulfillment. Many of these applications supported core business processes and had compliance implications. This centralized platform facilitated the creation of 150 segregation of duties rules, a quarterly supervisor access review, and a transfer event-driven HR review. Additionally, we streamlined existing manual processes and consolidated 15 identity sources down to a single source of truth.
- Created a single source for requesting access to client resources.
- Created a single point of identity creation.
- Automated controls to detect HR events and respond accordingly.
- Automated fulfillment for Active Directory access requests.
- Implemented enterprise business roles, automated birth right access.
- On boarded 200 applications onto a centralized identity governance platform.
- Improved the end-user access management experience.
- Strengthened client’s overall security and audit posture.